Sunday, April 18, 2010

26 Weeks & an art project (updated)


We're 2 weeks away from the 3rd Trimester! Insomnia is starting to kick in big time- I think it's my body's way of letting me know that as much as I don't want to believe it, I will be able to function on very little sleep once Charlie gets here!

Dennis and I went to the zoo yesterday- I had been before but he hadn't. Actually, he hasn't done alot of things because he was gone for the majority of his first year here so we're making an effort to get out of the house every weekend and do something new. The Honolulu Zoo is awesome- Their set up makes it feel like the animals are so close! I brought my camera and zoom lens in hopes to capture some good photos for Charlie's room. We've decided that instead of just monkeys, we're bringing in some other zoo animals as well. I wanted some really cool black and white animal photos to hang in his room and in the end, I have so many good ones to choose from!

Here's a few:






My plan is to transfer a few of them to 8x10 canvases and make a collage for one of Charlie's walls. We'll see how that turns out! I'll post pictures when I'm done.


update...

-------------------------------------------I finished!!-----------------------------------------


This is the changing pad cover I made for the changing table:



These are the letters I made for the wall above his dresser:





No comments: