As I mentioned in my last post, we just returned from an awesome week in Louisiana visiting Dennis' side of the family. His parents hadn't seen Charlie since he was 2 weeks old and the rest of his family hadn't ever met him. Charlie was definitely a charmer throughout the entire trip... he LOVES everyone. We had a great time seeing all of the family and it was so nice to be able to introduce them to the little person that they've been bombarded with pictures of for the last 10 and a half months!
We spent most of our time eating all of our favorite foods that we've missed for SO long.... Lee's burgers, roast beef po'boys, shrimp po'boys, crawfish, snowballs (which I had forgotten how amazing they were and are a BAZILLION times better than Hawaii Shave Ice), daiquiris, and even beignets at Cafe Du Monde in the French Market... it was all amazing.
Here are some photos from our trip down to the French Market:


Beignets! Soooooooooo yummy!



I took this next photo to hang in our dining room when we get settled in Connecticut. It's a composite of 4 photos that I merged together to make a panoramic of the cathedral in Jackson Square. I can't wait to blow it up and have it framed!

On Father's Day we had a crawfish boil...it's been a LONG 5 years since Dennis and I were in Louisiana during crawfish season. We've definitely been missing out!





Dennis made me take this photo for my mom because she asked us before we left if we were going to suck the heads of the crawfish when we ate them. 5 years ago...NEVER would I have even tried it. Now... absolutely! Turns out that's where all the flavor is! Unfortunately, I'm always the one behind the camera and there were no clean enough hands to prove that I did it so this photo of Dennis will have to suffice!

I took some photos later in the afternoon of Dennis and Charlie with Dennis' dad and brother...


Charlie and his PawPaw

Uncle Dillon


Charlie and his Mimi

While we were in town we finally at the opportunity to meet (and photograph!) Dennis' cousin's AMAZING three year old daughter, Hailey.

you can read about that here:
http://laurenksandersphotography.blogspot.com/2011/06/hailey-and-family.html
Louisiana may not be "home" to me but it definitely has a special place in my heart and I can't wait until we can make another trip down there! To ALL of Dennis' family and friends that have completely and totally welcomed me into their lives and accepted me as family, even after spending the last 5 years living SO far away, Thank you. I love you all and I'm SO glad Charlie has such an amazing extended family!
We spent most of our time eating all of our favorite foods that we've missed for SO long.... Lee's burgers, roast beef po'boys, shrimp po'boys, crawfish, snowballs (which I had forgotten how amazing they were and are a BAZILLION times better than Hawaii Shave Ice), daiquiris, and even beignets at Cafe Du Monde in the French Market... it was all amazing.
Here are some photos from our trip down to the French Market:


Beignets! Soooooooooo yummy!



I took this next photo to hang in our dining room when we get settled in Connecticut. It's a composite of 4 photos that I merged together to make a panoramic of the cathedral in Jackson Square. I can't wait to blow it up and have it framed!

On Father's Day we had a crawfish boil...it's been a LONG 5 years since Dennis and I were in Louisiana during crawfish season. We've definitely been missing out!





Dennis made me take this photo for my mom because she asked us before we left if we were going to suck the heads of the crawfish when we ate them. 5 years ago...NEVER would I have even tried it. Now... absolutely! Turns out that's where all the flavor is! Unfortunately, I'm always the one behind the camera and there were no clean enough hands to prove that I did it so this photo of Dennis will have to suffice!

I took some photos later in the afternoon of Dennis and Charlie with Dennis' dad and brother...


Charlie and his PawPaw

Uncle Dillon


Charlie and his Mimi

While we were in town we finally at the opportunity to meet (and photograph!) Dennis' cousin's AMAZING three year old daughter, Hailey.

you can read about that here:
http://laurenksandersphotography.blogspot.com/2011/06/hailey-and-family.html
Louisiana may not be "home" to me but it definitely has a special place in my heart and I can't wait until we can make another trip down there! To ALL of Dennis' family and friends that have completely and totally welcomed me into their lives and accepted me as family, even after spending the last 5 years living SO far away, Thank you. I love you all and I'm SO glad Charlie has such an amazing extended family!
1 comment:
I'm JEALOUS! I MISS YOU! and that picture for your living is BEAUTIFUL!
yeah, that sums up my feelings for this post :)
Post a Comment